Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trials

We all go through different trials in our lives. Though this trial that I am going through now doesn't compare to some of yours, it is my trial nonetheless. I am so thankful for friends & family; love & support, it makes my trial that much easier to bear.
Someone out there has taken my debit card number & gone on a shopping spree. As of today over $700 has been spent in mine & Jeff's name. Is someone out there so desperate for money that they feel like they need to steal from me? Or, are they just that selfish? If you need money I will gladly share what I have, but please don't steal from me. I feel so violated & angry. I don't know how far this will go, if they only stole our number or if they have stolen our identity. In some ways I feel peace about this trial; yes I am angry, yes I am hurt. But if this person came up to me & told me it was them; I would forgive them, no questions asked. Why? Because I don't want this to consume me, my life, or my family. I want it taken care of so they can't do it to someone else.
Has anyone else gone through something like this? What can I do to protect my identity in the future?

3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

That sucks, really is there any protection from something like that??? Let me know what happens

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Hopefully it won't go any further. I don't know the best way to stay safe. We do have a shredder and we shred anything that has any info on it. I actually left my dayplanner with all my cards in it at walmart last week and it could have happened to me, but luckily it was at customer service. I know I would feel the same way:(

Becca said...

I am so sorry Aub! I hope they stop and come to their senses! That is just awful! I hope it gets taken care of soon!