Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blessings

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I believe in fasting. We go without food for 2 meals & pay what we would have spent on those two meals to our bishop. As we go without food we also pray for specific needs, or blessings, or people. Each time I have fasted I have been blessed to know someone specific who is in need of my faith & prayers. Today was no different. I give all credit to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this guidance & revelation. I have seen mighty miracles, softened hearts & many, many blessings come from fasting & prayer.
My cousin does a marriage blog where she posts "apples" to try each day to help our marriages. She posts talks & uplifting quotes. Today she posted a talk by Julie B. Beck given at Women's Conference. I tried this "apple" & have truely been uplifted & inspired to be better, to prioritize essential, necessary & nice-to do things. HERE is the link to read it.
Today started off as quite the "poopy" day. It's amazing how aware my Father in Heaven is of me & my needs. He sends instruments in his hands to help & uplift me. How grateful I am for friends, neighbors & family; each one was sent to me for a specific reason & purpose & I'm grateful to those who listen & follow promptings to serve me.

2 comments:

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Thanks for the site. It is amazing how we are sent those messages right when we need them.

Holly said...

Seriously, where would we be without the gospel!?! The blessings of peace and happiness are far greater and worth more than what the world would have us believe.