Friday, September 10, 2010

Movin on up

Makelle has decided to sleep in a big girl bed. I love that it was her decision. We put the bed in her room & let her choose. She's done so well all week, she stays in bed & calls for us to come get her. She loves that she can get in by herself; she is Miss Independent right now & I have to say I love it! It's nice that I don't have to do everything for her. I do allow more time for things; getting everyone loaded in the car usually takes about 10 minutes, but it's ok.
Since Makelle gave up the crib Kyler FINALLY gets a crib. He's been sleeping in a pack 'n play since he was born. Jeff says that he's deprived. I say he's the 4th, not deprived, not less loved, just different. Last night was the first night for his bed; it didn't go so well. He was up every 3 hours. BOO! I don't know if it's because it's uncomfortable for him, or just because it's different, but I sure hope tonight is better!!

Ethan has started soccer again. I believe this is his 10th season...I can't keep track though. He scored 10 goals his last game. His coach is trying to teach him to pass more to give the other kids a chance to play. In his last game the other coach was getting sooo frustrated because Ethan kept taking the ball & dominating the game... He took off his hat & chucked it. I got a good laugh. Through all of this though I believe Ethan has been a good sport, congratulating others when they score & being a good team player.
Lexi has started pre-school with her dear friend Abby. As I was driving her to the orientation she explained to me that she wanted me to leave & she wanted to do it all by herself. I chuckled to myself because Ethan told me the same thing on his first day of kindergarten. I explained to her that the teacher needed to tell me some things so I had to stay, just this time. So now everytime it's time to go to school she tells me she wants to go all by herself & I can pick her up when she's done.
These 2 have become the dearest of friends. They still have their moments of fighting. But they both miss each other when the other is gone. I love the bond that they have created & hope it continues throughout their lives.

2 comments:

The Littlefields said...

Yay for Makelle! That's great that she's so independant. I'm sure Ethans & Lexis relationship will always be a special one. Cute cute kids!

Becca said...

such sweet kids!
I hope Kyler has been sleeping better and that Makelle keeps it up! Cute, cute! (actually, 4 cutes! :))