Monday, May 26, 2008

In Loving Memory of Duane Moyes

Today is Memorial Day, the day we remember those who have passed on. So this is for Duane. Not many people know, but Duane was like a second father to me. We hung out together, he gave me advice. He was always so sweet & caring. It struck me hard when I found out he had cancer. I remember on his death bed, he wasn't speaking to anyone; but when I walked up to him and grabbed his hand- he didn't even open his eyes- he just said I love you Aubrey. He knew me so well & was always willing to be there for me. I miss him so much! But even now I know he is with me. I have felt of his presence and know that he is doing God's work, but every once in a while he gets to spend some time with me. I know he was with me in Spirit when I received my endowments & he was there when me & Jeff were sealed in the temple. What a special experience it is to feel of his love! I love you Duane!

1 comment:

Becca said...

What a nice tribute Aubrey! I totally cried! What a blessing he was to all of us! Those are sweet memories! Thanks for sharing! Love you!