Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Capturing Moments

I love moments like these, I tried so hard to burn it into my memory. No kids were crying, no kids were fighting. Ethan was at Grandma's playing. Lexi wanted to play with make up & Makelle wanted to join in. We painted fingernails, put make up & jewelry on & had a girly day. The girls put jewelry & make up on me & we just enjoyed being girls. Makelle was so cooperative, she felt so big & loved having jewelry & make up put on.
Lexi got make up & lots of jewelry for Christmas & has loved using it! The picture below on the top right corner is when she did it herself. She put lipstick all over her cheeks & hair & when we tried to scrub it off it wouldn't come off. It died her cheeks, but she sure had fun. She also got some dress ups that she rarely takes off.. she loves feeling pretty.
Santa always comes to my mother-in-laws Christmas party on the 22nd. Lexi & Ethan patiently waited their turn to sit on his lap (there's 23 grandkids & they were one of the last to get their turn). Ethan was so excited when Santa walked in, he screamed "Santa's here!" I asked Lexi if she was gonna tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas & she said, "No, I already did." Santa had come to our ward party. She was right, why did she have to tell him again? Makelle did not like him! But at least we got the picture. The kids enjoyed opening their presents on Christmas morning. It was fun to watch their faces light up. We had a wonderful Christmas & enjoyed celebrating the birth of our Savior.

4 comments:

Becca said...

you are a sweet mom! i am glad for moments like these that remind us how lucky we are to have children. it already has gone by so fast!

Robinson's said...

Wow to have kids that actually sit on Santa's lap, what would that be like???!!!! How fun, love the makeup!

Holly said...

You've got some pretty girls!! I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I love playing Santa and watching Tay's face light up!

Unknown said...

Hey,

If you get this, thank you for looking at my blog. Saw that you left a comment. I hadn't seen one from you in awhile, so thought I would say hello. Cute, cute blog by the way.

Tina @ Little Tots Big Ideas