Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting through it

A lot of people have asked me how I do it: being pregnant & taking care of 3 kids. We've been taking it one day at a time & surviving most days. Our days consist of Makelle boxing...
Ethan going camera happy on Lexi...

...and on himself...

Makelle hiding in the cupboards... this is her favorite spot & she literally does this all the time, I don't know what it is, but she loves to be in there...

and bathtime... the kids' favorite time of day!
I've been trying to enjoy every moment I have with these kids, things just aren't going to be the same after Kyler joins our family. I don't know how I'm going to get through it... I'll probably never leave the house. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love my life & the challenges it brings. I'm learning to love the challenges because I'm learning to better myself & the way I handle them.
Ethan is loving pre-school. He's doing so well & even starting to read. He's looking forward to Kindergarten.
Lexi loves to look pretty & so we spend a lot of our days putting on make up & doing nail polish. She's initiated learning her letters & writing her name. She's so proud of herself & know she's smart... "like Ethan"
Makelle is so happy & has a fake laugh that just cracks me up every time. She repeats everything we say & loves it when the kids involve her in their playtime.
I'm looking forward to having this baby... I bet no one out there understands that... you all love being pregnant. I'm experiencing more aches & pains than ever, but somehow manage... how did I get so lucky to have the best husband ever? He's an amazing support & I don't think I would make it if it wasn't for him & the joy he brings to our family.

5 comments:

The Miche's said...

Cute Pictures! Kaleb loves to be Mr photographer too although I have delete almost all of his since they are of his finger! I am glad you are surviving I am sure you will figure out how to juggle 4 kids faster than you think! I can't wait to see what Kyler (love the name) will look like. I bet Ethan is so excited to have a brother! Hang in there this pregnancy will be over before you know it and you'll wonder where the time went! Love Ya!

The Littlefields said...

I really appreciate your attitude, I need to be more like you!! I wish that we would get better so we could hang out. We have been sick since Thanksgiving!! I'll let you know when we're well, it better be before this baby comes. If not we'll just have your other kids come to play. :)

Jackie said...

you're a great mom, you've done so good with them and they're growing up so fast! it's fun being an aunt to them, Ethan's laugh is hystarical, and Lexi is so tough, and Makelle is so funny! You are very lucky and blessed :) Love you!

Lacey Tait said...

Hey you are a great mom! And you have great kids you are just doing awesome! I can't wait to see cute little Kyler, love the name!! And I know he's just going to be the cutest cause look at how cute all your kids are!

Nicole said...

You are a great mom Aubrey. You are doing things with you kids, making memories, capturing moments & enjoying every single day & it helps me & other mom's see that everyday counts. You radiate what family is all about! Not to mention you have happy, adorable children! That is saying a lot!