Thursday, September 25, 2008

Funny kids

  Lexi has started a new trend, before she'll fall asleep she has to go through all the words that she knows how to say, then sing some songs... all the while Ethan is in the next room laughing & joining in. It's cute & I'm trying so hard to treasure these precious moments, but I also have to sit next to Lexi's door or she'll keep getting out of bed... if she sees some part of my body she'll stay in her bed & eventually fall asleep. So it's a little frustrating when it takes 45 minutes for her to do her routine before settling in. 
 Ethan & Lexi are having a blast with each other. Lexi stands outside the bathroom door "talking" to Ethan while he goes potty. He pretends like he knows what she's saying & talks back. They do an awesome job fighting with each other. Lexi is usually the one who is making trouble, she'll take his toys & chase him around the house trying to bite him. But Ethan's pretty fast & is finally learning how to stand up for what he has.  (it's about time! I hate seeing him getting taken advantage of, it's so hard to stand by & watch, hoping he'll learn on his own) Ethan does his share of teasing, it must be the boy in him; he can sure get her screaming!
 My pregnancy is going well. My iron has been low, so I am lacking so much energy! My poor house & my poor kids! Luckily they have a daddy who has all the energy in the world & is so good about playing with them & getting their energies out. I've been having lots of braxton hicks so my doctor is hoping I'll at least make it to 38 weeks. I'm hoping to have everything ready for the baby by the time she gets here, it's gone by too fast. 

2 comments:

Rob & Tiffanie said...

My sister had the same problem with her little girl not staying in her room. She would put the baby gate on the bedroom door. That way it wasn't scary like having the door shut--she could still see and hear the family around. But yet, she stayed in her room. I thought it might be worth a try. Every kid is so different. I know I would hate to be pregnant and tired and have to go through that routine each night. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy---It's fun to see what the third will be like. Each one of mine is so different and it's amazing how much you can love each one that comes. Three was hard to adjust to for the first couple of months, but now it's hard to imagine my day without all three.

Mike and Brooke Mathews said...

Aubs,

You and your family are soo cute. I can't believe you are having your 3rd child. I am slightly jealous. You look great. I am so happy for you guys. Its been forever, and I am really glad you are doing so well.