Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cabin fun

Well, I'm finally updating. Life has kept us busy. We took another trip to the cabin last weekend. It was our first time going up with just us. Jeff & his friends did some hunting while me & the kids went on four wheeler rides & killed bugs.
Jeff was such a peach and chopped some wood. Here's Ethan helping chop with his hammer
And here's Lexi helping chop with her paint brush
Ethan is such a goof ball... always trying to make us laugh
Lexi was a perfect angel the entire trip. Never cried once. (Just kidding) This is one of the rare occasions she wasn't crying. She did touch the hinge of the door on the fireplace & got a little blister. She learned fast that the fireplace is hot & we didn't have a problem with that again.
Lexi and Ethan played very good together. They got a little too roudy & Lexi hit her forehead into the table that's in the middle of the living room. There was blood everywhere! I felt so bad for her, it was her first big owie. She somehow hit her chin at the same time, but she didn't even notice that one- the other one hurt too bad.
Thanks to my kids for making my birthday so wonderful! I didn't have to deal with poopy diapers or fighting kids, no tantrums... it was the perfect day! Well, I did have to deal with all that fun stuff... but it was still a good day. Jeff took me to dinner & a movie, something we don't do much of. It was a real treat!

2 comments:

Developed Memories Photography said...

I'm bringing you guys pictures that I took up there I promise! Looks like Lexi's wound isn't as bad as it seemed, that's always good :)

Jackie said...

hey aubs, love your blog :) anyway i made a blog, not real exciting let me tell ya, but it'll do. so just letting you know you can add me :) loves