Saturday, November 6, 2010

13.1

After giving birth to my 4th baby, Kyler, I decided it was time to take a little time & take care of me. For some odd reason I decided to start running. My neighbor found out I was running & asked if she could run with me. I thank my Heavenly Father for her because she has kept me going, we have pushed each other & struggled together to lose our baby weight... our babies are just a few days apart. We started running in June or July & signed up for a half marathon in August? I don't remember the exact time, but after I did it I remember thinking... What WAS I thinking? Another friend joined us in our training & pushed us harder. On October 30th we ran the Halloween Half, we had every intention of running this race together... with over 2500 runners we got a little lost. My mom also joined us in running the race. My goal was to run it in 2 hrs 30 min. The first 5 miles were very much down hill & pushed me a little faster. I finished the race in 2 hrs 13 min. Jeff was holding a sleeping Kyler, so he didn't get a picture. Which is fine, afterall I had just ran 13 miles & I looked it. However if you click here you will be linked to Zazoosh photography. They took all the pictures for the half marathon & if you type in my last name or my bib #:1590 you will find some photos of me. I warn you if you do this, they're not pretty & please no making fun :) In one I'm eating my sports beans, so I've got a very funny look on my face... but those sports beans saved me! Thanks Amy for introducing them to me! Also if you hook on the link link from my blog-The Callahan Clan-you will find a picture of all of us before the race started. I had a lot of fun running the race... I think I'll do it again.

5 comments:

The Littlefields said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats on doing so well.

Randi said...

you did such a great job Aubrey! (if you want a copy of the picture of everyone together let me know!)

Team Beardshall said...

Ha Ha...I'm glad that magic beans helped you too! They are the BEST! But not as awesome as you! I have LOVED our running days, thank you so much for getting me regular. That sounds weird :) Ha. I'm sorry we all got lost in the mix but am so grateful that I could run with you. Lets keep it up....sorry my knee has been bummen out this week!

Danielle said...

Hey Aubrey! I just found your blog. Anyway, Jayson has a picture of you crossing the finish line! Not a closeup or anything, but I'll send it to you!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Great job! I think next year I will start up the jogging. It sounds like a lot of work but I think I am ready to focus on me instead of getting pregnant again:)