Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thank heaven!

Since becoming pregnant I have had NO energy... not even a little. It may seem like an over exaggeration, but I could barely muster enough energy to give the kids the things they needed, making them a little more independent. They've been so good to help out. We did do some swimming, and camping, but mostly just staying inside, out of the heat! Since the nights are cooler we are hanging outside a little bit more & the kids are much happier.
Makelle is taking some steps & getting closer to walking.
Lexi is finally getting alone time with mommy. Ethan has graduated staying home & is now at pre-school 3 days a week. He is loving it & has made some friends & even learned a few things. I love having the time with Lexi, I can finally dedicate time to just teach her... Makelle naps while Ethan's at pre-school, so it's been convenient.
I'm now 14 weeks & getting some energy back.
The kids were so helpful one day in helping me clean up the play room, they picked up all the toys themselves. As you can see some things really should've been left on the ground

They were so proud! And so was I!
My brother-in-law & sister-in-law have been trying to have another baby for about 5 years. They have one little girl who's 6. And attempted to adopt twice, both adoptions the parents decided to keep the baby at the last moment. It has been heartbreaking watching them go through this. She is now about 20 weeks pregnant & having a boy & an adoption finally went through for them, they just brought home a little boy named Ryder. We're so happy for them! Prayers are answered, even if it did take 5 years.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Cute collage pics of the kids!

Jena said...

Love the pics, glad you are getting a little more energy back!

Congrats to your in-laws, that is wonderful news!

bryce and kianna said...

Your getting to the best stage! Your energy will sort of come back and your belly will pop out. At least it has been my favorite so far :)

Adoption is amazing, I have two little nieces, twins, that my sister and her husband adopted last July. I just couldn't imagine our lives without them. They are so much fun. Congrats to your family!

Amy said...

Aubs you need to call me and let me know if you ever want to get out!! You are amazing and that is nice that Ethan is enjoying pre-school and Lexi is loving her mommy time!!

Another Ryder in the world! It is such a cute name!