Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Diaper Fairy

Lexi decided to regress from potty training & started pooping in her panties. This happened at least twice a day, sometimes more. I found it easier to put her back in diapers. She was still peeing in the potty, so I still considered her potty trained. I was complaining to a cute friend of mine & she suggested the diaper fairy. The fairy comes while she's sleeping & leaves behind a special gift. While we were in Disneyland I talked to her about the diaper fairy & what was going to happen, and asked her what she wanted the diaper fairy to bring her. By the time we got home from Disneyland she was pretty excited for her to come. So we gathered all of her diapers & put them in a basket by her bed. When she woke up the fairy had taken all her diapers & left her some make up.. (she's such a girl!) She understands there are no more diapers & has done so well! She has pooped in her panties once & had to clean it up. She got poop on her hands & hated it. I made it clear that it's her poop & she has to clean up her accidents... of course I cleaned up after, but when she wasn't around, so that she knew it was her responsibility. Lexi is now potty trained.. again & hopefully it will work for any of you struggling to potty train your little ones.

6 comments:

Jena said...

What a cute idea! Good work!

Amy said...

Aubs that is so great!! I love that she wanted make up!! I love that you gave Lexee the responsibility to clean up her own "mess" its a good way to have them see what you have to do!!

The Littlefields said...

What a good idea. I'll have to give it a try. I'm glad Lexi is doing better!

Becca said...

oooh, thanks! I might have to give that a go. Sarah did the exact same thing except she was peeing too. I still think I'm going to try that. I'm glad that worked for you.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I think that seems to be ahrd for a lot of kids. AJ was doing that for awhile too even though he was doing great otherwise. I think it is harder to know when it is really coming, until it is too late. We keep hand sanitizer around for those times---I swear you can wash 10 times and your hands still smell:)

Stacey said...

Aubrey not only is that a great idea but that is an ADORABLE picture of Lexi! Your kids are so so cute!