Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PaYsOn LaKe

This weekend we took the kids to Payson Lakes. I love it because it's so close! They had fun swimming in the lake, feeding the ducks, feeding the squirrels & chipmunks & playing with cousins. The squirrels & chipmunks would come within a few inches of us for the food. One squirrel actually ate bread off Jeff's shoes. It was fun to watch the animals in their habitat.
Ethan has started outdoor soccer again. He's loving it, but he's sure getting worn out! He's the only one on the team that knows what to do, he's always going after the ball & scoring goals & blocking others from making goals. He's such a natural soccer player & he really loves doing it.
I read a conference article the other day that talked about the temple & the importance of making your home an extension of the temple & letting your kids go see the temple. It said something to the affect that-as you touch the temple the temple will touch you. I felt a greater desire to help my children understand the temple & have a desire to go. So we ventured out to it on Sunday & let them see it & touch it & talked a little about what goes on inside. I want the temple to touch my home, I just need to make a greater effort to help my kids understand it.

No comments: