Sunday, May 10, 2009

Birthday Boy

Time sure flies by, I swear it was just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. Ethan is such a sweet little boy! He's so polite & is always thinking about others' feelings. He's such a big helper! He loves to PLAY! He's finally understanding teasing. He's got such a tender heart that when his uncles & grandpa's would tease him he would cry, now he plays along. I love Ethan! I have so much love for all my kids, but Ethan holds a special place in my heart (considering he's the only boy) I don't love him any more than the rest of the kids, but he's sooo special!
We started out the celebration on Friday by going to the dinosaur museum. On his 3rd birthday he told me he wanted to go to the dinosaur museum, I gave him another option & he took that one; but then he whined that he wanted to go to the museum. For a whole year he's been asking to go, so I'm glad I don't have to hear about it anymore. We had a lot of fun, Gramma Jann came with us & helped us explore. Then we went to the restraunt that has the popcorn (Winger's)-Ethan's choice.
We celebrated Mother's Day on Thursday so Ethan could have his own day. He wanted chocolate chip cupcakes with blueberry frosting. Where do they come up with these ideas? I did the chocolate chips but I dyed the frosting blue, so it still tasted fine. We hiked up to Cherry Falls after church. The kids had lots of fun exploring by the water, it was quite the hike though. I had a rough time carrying Makelle in the snugli, but we made it. We got Ethan a fish for his birthday, he named it Marbalo (kinda like the bird on Stuart Little 2, except her name is Margalo).
Lexi thought it was like Christmas & was wondering where her presents were. She kept grabbing present after present & saying "mine?" I felt bad telling her no this one's for Ethan too. Luckily she doesn't have to wait too long for her birthday presents. This ran longer than I intended... in a nut shell... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!

1 comment:

Linetta said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! It sounds like is was a great one!