Monday, March 14, 2011

The big ONE

I can't believe my baby turned one! Time literally flew by! Here's a few pics of our celebration. Above is Kyler's cake before he completely demolished it. And him on the carousel ride they had at Pirate Island. He loved that ride!! He got a bunch of balls, clothes & books. The blue & yellow ball was his favorite, once he opened that he didn't want anything to do with the rest of the presents.
Ethan & Lexi were so excited to go to Pirate Island for Kyler's birthday they couldn't sleep the night before. I don't think they were disappointed, they had a lot of fun!!

This picture was taken after lunch & all the games. The kids were pretty wiped out. We spent about 2 1/2 hours there. But they all had a blast!

Kyler absolutely loved his cake. He dove in face first! Once he did that all of the kids started laughing hysterically at him, so he laughed back & put his face in again. They all laughed again. So he kept going, he absolutely loved all the attention! The kids had gathered around him and watched him until he had demolished the whole thing.

Here he is face first. Jeff's family came over on his birthday to enjoy the little show. And eat some cake & ice cream with us.

The end result. He didn't eat a ton of it. Most of it is on his face & hands & then he started throwing it on the floor. A quick bath & he was back to the party begging ice cream off of grandma, as if he didn't already have enough sugar!

Last night my family came over to celebrate with us. We enjoyed some dinner & then sang Happy Birthday to the 2 March birthdays. My neice Natalie & Kyler were born just 2 days apart. Instead of making an entire cake for him & her, I just made cupcakes. He ate the entire thing!!

Natalie enjoyed her cupcake too & ate most of it. She's so lady like. She hardly got messy compared to Kyler.
Needless to say I am pooped from 2 days of partying & celebrating. But I am really glad we have family to celebrate with!
I love Kyler & am so glad he is part of our family!

2 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

ha ha, that went by fast....crazy how time does that. I hear pirate island is super fun, sounds like it is! Happy Birthday....sorry I am a slacker this morning. I couldn't wake up, dang that daylight savings. I seriously couldn't sleep and got about 4 hours! Are you going again this week? Wed? let me know :)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

So cute! I am still in denial that mine is turning 1 on sunday:) I love the cute little personalities that start coming through---carson laughs when he has no idea what is going on, but his siblings are laughing so he does:)