Friday, July 29, 2011

Making Memories

The month of July has just flown by! We've kept so busy, trying to enjoy the last little bit of summer before school starts again.


We went to a ward BBQ, they had face painting, which obviously the kids LOVED! They had a dunk tank & bouncy slide. And lots of yummy food. Ethan & Lexi had lots of fun trying to dunk people in the tank. Makelle loved the bouncy slide & Kyler loved running off.
We went camping. Normally we go 5 or 6 times during the summer, sometimes more. The weather has kept us from going that often. And I really didn't want to go being as far a long as I am. Jeff opted to take the older 3 & I stayed home with Kyler. Ya, that lasted 2 days. I went up the last night & enjoyed spending time with them. I missed them so much! Let's just say the TV was on WAY more than normal because I missed the noise, it was way too quiet while they were gone! They had fun in our trailer, making a fort,

catching fish


shooting guns. Ethan also brought his bow & arrow & had fun shooting birds.


And eating rabbit. My nephews shot a rabbit, they cooked it up & ate it one night. Everybody seemed to like it, luckily that was the night that I wasn't there...I'm not so sure I really want to try rabbit.


We had a fun playdate with my cousin Stephanie. She found a fun park & we met up there to let the kids play. As you can see it took Kyler a while to warm up to the place. He just stood there like this for the longest time. I couldn't figure out why he was being so weird, normally he loves parks!


This is the park we went to. There was so much for the kids to do, I really liked that there's a toddler area where I didn't have to worry about Kyler falling off of anything. The place is pretty big & I couldn't keep track of the older kids at all times. But they had fun!


They had some super fun swings. All the kids had a blast!


Ethan lost his first tooth!


And 2 days later he lost his 2nd tooth!

School starts in 3 weeks! I'm not so sure I'm ready for that, especially with a new baby. It's going to be quite a challenge, but we'll make some good memories just trying to get through each day!

3 comments:

Branden and Sarah said...

Let me know how I can help you when you have your baby!! Seriously, if you need anything I'm yours!!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I really enjoy camping but I can't imagine going that often...jsut because it is so much more work with 4 little kids to monitor...maybe when this last one gets a little less curious. I think a lot of things will be easier as they get older:)

We were actually talking about going to that park the other day. It is such a unique fun park, but I really don't like how I can't see where the kids are most of the time.

Good luck with the new baby...it is a pain to work school around a babies schedule, but it works.

Team Beardshall said...

so fun, that park in West Jordan is the BEST...but I only have one kido to take along with me. I can imagine it would be crazy to keep track of 4 :), also good on Jeff for going camping with the 3 kidos by himself! Super dad for sure. And I will just have to take whoevers word on the rabbit because I dont think I'll ever be trying that!