Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catching Up

On Halloween Ethan started coughing & not feeling so good. Two days later I started coughing & not feeling so good, I got a fever & the body aches. I called my OB & they treated me for the swine flu. I was down for 3 days with no energy... literally. I just layed around for 3 days, barely able to get up & shower. I kept watching the kids & calling the pediatrician with any symptoms they had that were remotely like mine. None of them ever got the body aches & none of them lost their energy. The kids & Jeff were spared, how? I don't know, but I'm grateful they were. The kids have had coughs & low grade fevers & we are now just getting back to our normal selves. I now have the energy to blog again... last night ALL of the kids slept through the night!! It's been 2 1/2 weeks, but we finally pulled through it.
I haven't had the energy to do much, but I saw this cute idea on another blog & just had to do it. The kids feet are the body of the turkey & their hands are the feathers. They had so much fun doing this, Ethan did a lot of the cutting himself, the hands were a little tricky, so I did help him out there. But he did all the gluing & placing... Lexi put the glue on & drew her eyes, I thought they were pretty good considering it's her first time drawing eyes.
Makelle has been my challenge through all of this. She's been so needy & clingy. We have read book after book after book. And gone through so much motrin it's ridiculous. Apples have kept her happy for a half an hour or so... she did get 3 teeth while being sick, so I'm sure that made it twice as bad as just being sick. I can't tell you how happy I was when after two weeks of being cooped up in the house I got to go grocery shopping... the kids were excited too, & they were so good. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving & normalcy.

3 comments:

The Miche's said...

Oh man that totally stinks that you have been under the weather it is so hard to be a mom and not feeling very great. I am glad you all are feeling better and will be able to enjoy the holidays!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I am glad nothing serious came from it. My kids and husband have had colds off and on for months and I am baffled why I haven't gotten anything.I am grateful though isnce no one ever takes care of the mom:)

weston'smommy said...

Aubrey I totally feel your pain. I had swine flu for 3-4 days the cough lasted almost 2 weeks and just as my fever dropped Weston got it and then that night Cason got it. Cason had it the worst. He ran a fever for a week. Its SWINE FLU great? ;)