Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We are so lucky to have a temple literally 5 minutes from our house. We had the opportunity to walk through it & see how beautiful it is. As we were waiting in the tent for the movie to start the wind howled like crazy. I felt like the tent was going to come crashing down, luckily it did not. As I was watching the movie the Spirit testified to me that temples are where families can be together forever, the Spirit dwells there always. The temple is a Holy place & I need to strive each day to keep the commandments to be worthy to enter it.
It was so windy! We didn't get any real good pictures because our hair & ties kept blowing away. My skirt was having issues as well... : ) As we sat there next to the waterfall the wind blew so hard that the water kept splashing our behinds.
I'm so grateful for my forever family!!

This is Amber my brother's girlfriend, she was so helpful with the kids. I actually got to enjoy walking through the temple. My parents were also very helpful with the kids, the kids wanted them anyways. They want nothing to do with me with they're around-which is fine, we don't see them that often anyway.

How lucky we are to be the only ones in the world to have 2 temples in the same city!
The kids enjoyed themselves. What a great teaching experience to take them there & show them where people get married & sealed forever. Ethan recently learned about baptisms for the dead in primary so it was cool to actually show him where that happens.

3 comments:

The Littlefields said...

It is awesome to have so many temples close by. I love the fam pictures, especially the one with Lexi's hair completely covering her face. Cute, cute.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Looks like you have the temple to yourselves. That wind is crazy---but I guess it is better than the freezing temps during the Draper one. It will be so great to have a temple even closer that Jordan River.

The Miche's said...

Wow! That is so awesome to have been able to share that with the kids I am sure they will remember it for a long time! You have such a cute little family