Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This post will mostly be about Easter @ the Ellingson house. But first I want to share an experience that happened to me. The last couple days Makelle has been sick, stuffy nose, cough.. She's obviously not herself which is sad to see, because she's usually so smiley & happy. I guess I spoke too soon when I said how grateful I was that she'd been spared from the cold going around our house. Last night she woke up about 11 o'clock just screaming. I tried to feed her thinking that was the problem. No go. She was obviously in a lot of pain. She cried for a good tweny minutes. I was sobbing because I felt so bad that I couldn't do anything to help her. I said a prayer. As soon as I started my prayer I felt the Spirit overwhelm me & let me know that she was going to be alright. I asked my Heavenly Father to remove the pain from her body & to heal her. Two minutes later she was asleep & slept better than she usually does, even when she's not sick. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for hearing & answering my prayer.
Now this is my happy baby when she's not sick & stuffed up. She sure enjoys her baby food!
Makelle's Easter was pretty good considering how stuffy she is. She enjoys the new toys & books the Easter Bunny left her.

The kids got to color Easter eggs @ Grandma Ellingson's house. They had fun getting messy & watching the eggs change colors. We did an Easter egg hunt @ my sister's house. I forgot my camera, but they had fun doing the hunt & playing with their second cousins. Ethan even remembers doing it last year, what a great memory!

Ethan had a lot of fun hunting eggs, he was excited to see that the Easter Bunny ate all the carrots & hid the "plate with all the colored eggs". Apparently Jeff put the plate in the dishwasher, forgetting to leave evidence that the Easter Bunny found them. Hey, we're new at this & are still learning.

Lexi started out the day extremely ornery. She bawled while I dragged her over to her Easter basket. Once she saw it she stopped & enjoyed the egg hunt. Her favorite thing that the Easter Bunny left was chapstick. She puts it all over her face & digs her fingers into it. Good times. I'm grateful for this season to reflect on my Savior's resurrection. But I also enjoy all the candy too!





3 comments:

Jackie said...

i really liked that story at the beginning it was really touching. what a great example you are! i'm glad the kids had a great easter! love ya!

Angie said...

What a sweet experience! Thanks for sharing. I sure hope she gets feeling better soon! Cute pictures. It sounds like you had a good Easter!

Sara said...

What an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing it. :-) The power of true faith is unbelievable