Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weekend away

I'm sure all of you Coons girls remember our excursions to the cabin. Oh the memories we made! Building forts, catching frogs, & oh our walks with Grandma! If it wasn't for her I don't know what I'd do if I had to go to the bathroom when I was in the middle of no where! She taught me so much! We took our kids up there this last weekend. They had so much fun! Although the frog pond is dried up we went to Mirror Lake & took the kids on the raft & we did some four wheeling.
Jeff caught a bird and as soon as I took the picture it flew onto my dad's head.
Ethan and his cousin Kayla "fishing" with their sticks. 
Hanging out on the raft at Mirror Lake
Grandma was Lexi's best friend the entire weekend. She didn't want to have much to do with me or her daddy. But that's ok... she had fun with Gramma Jann
The whole clan at Mirror Lake. It was windy so Lexi's hair looks funny, but who cares we were camping.
There's the bird Jeff caught, it was just sitting on the deck of the cabin. It was very friendly.
The boys took the kids to the shooting range. Ethan watched as they shot the clay pigeons. Today Ethan found me his toy wrench & a penny & told me to put it in there & throw it in the air so he could shoot it... what an imagination!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aubs..Your family is super cute! :) I was just thinking about you the other day about the good ol' days at girls' camp! Good times, good times and I miss you!

Rach said...

I am jealous!! Brings back good memories, hopefully we'll make it up next year! Looks like you had a good time though!

Becca said...

How fun is that?! We haven't made it to the cabin yet this summer and I want to go so bad! I'm glad you had a good time! You have to have a good time, you're going to the cabin right?!
Good times with Grandma, that is for sure!

marjann said...

We had a really good time, it was especially fun to see Ethan and Kayla and there imagination. But I'm not prejudice not this grandma